Re: R/T difference Re: Jack

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 08:36:14 EDT

You think that a 4.7 puts out more torque than a 5.9 ?! I hate to burst your
bubble, but the 5.9 in the R/T puts out an advertised 345 lb-ft at the
flywheel, and probably around 275 at the rear wheels. Let's compare that to
the 4.7l, that, while still a great engine in it's own right, can only manage
an advertised 295 at the flywheel, and I would guess about 235 at the rear
wheels.
The numbers just don't lie, Matt.

5.9 = 250HP, 345lb-ft
4.7= 235HP, 295lb-ft

Again, not trying to say that the 4.7 isn't worth it's weight, but for me,
there is no substitute for displacement.