Re: installed msd digital 6+

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 08:34:05 EDT

John:

That's a wise decision on your part, to have the TransGo kit installed
professionally. I was first told that I could do it "on ramps in my
backyard." After buying the kit , watching the video and reading the
instructions, I had serious doubts about it. Further research led me to a
professional installation which has resulted in a highly responsive auto
tranny. I was fortunate in that I found a shop owned by a drag racer. He
knew well what he was doing and often took the time to explain what he
was doing and asked me about things before he did them just to make sure
I got the kit just like I wanted it. When he was through, we went out for
a test drive and he was very impressed with Dak and the results.

Apparently, the biggest problem comes about with the way the OD is
mounted. The driveshaft has to come off and the housing bolts removed.
Then, the valve body can be properly installed. If it isn't done right,
there seems to be a problem in manual shifting. As it stands, my tranny
will hold any gear and can be shifted at any point. It shifts up and down
on its own very well, much improved over stock.

BTW, it took this professional a l-o-n-g time to do the install and he
only worked on my truck the whole time.

Richard in San Antonio
'95 318 CC, K&N FIPK, MP SBEC, F&B TB, JBA Headers, Gibson 3" Catback,
Hellwig rear anti sway bars, DDBC, double spring clamps by Jon Smith, SG
rear end, etc.

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:40:11 EDT Pukeloser@aol.com writes:
>snip<
>
> I'm still afraid of installing the transgo shift kit myself so I'm
> looking
> for a shop that'll do it. Going down to San Diego next week for the
> Auburn
> LSD.
>
> JOHN ' '95 318 3.92

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!