RE: Fan Clutch Problems

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 19:24:01 EDT

It sure doesn't sound right coming on at 60 mph. Like I said, coming on
when cold could simply be that the switch set the night before from rising
ambient temperatures after you shut your truck off. I can understand
stop-and-go driving when the engine compartment gets really warm and there
isn't enough airflow but other times it shouldn't. Yes, if the fan comes
on you lose HP, well, you don't lose HP, the fan gets it instead of your
wheels.

HTH,
Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD