Dodge techs needed!!!!! Help!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 15:22:14 EDT

  OK, heres the deal. I have a 96 Dakota 5.2 5 speed, 2WD. Lately it has
started to burnout the Auto Shut Down fuse in the engine compartment. It
seems to only do it as I am taking off from a stop sign, or just starting to
back up. I have a factory service manual, have traced all the wiring and
found many things hooked in this circuit. Both 02's, ASD relay, fuel pump
relay, all 8 injectors, ignition coil etc. Heres a run down on the truck.
The battery is mounted in the bed, it has March pullies, 24 lb/hr Ford
Motorsports injectors, an MSD Blaster SS coil, and a bunch of other non
electrical mods. Under load going up a freeway at full throttle, it will
start to shut down, like complete electrical shut down. If I feather the
throttle it comes right back to life. It only shuts down for a split second,
but its totally noticeable! I'm thinking it has to do with the
generator/charging system. Too much of a load burning th efuse out. Heres
some more history. My original alternator was replaced with an aftermarket
rebuilt. With the rebuilt alt I went through 3 PCMS before I bought a new
Dodge alternator. It kept burning out my PCMS. Any ideas? Any

Brad