BFG AT KO Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 23:55:06 EDT

I have been asking alot of tire questions lately, and really appreciate all
the valuable info everyone has given. This next questions has to do with the
BFG AT KOs, of course. I have read alot in various 4WD magazines, and every
source seems to praise them as exceptional all terrain tires.
First off, is the higher price tag for the BGF KOs worth it? How long, given
proper rotation periods, should these tires last for? Tread mileage/tread
life is a big concern for me, next to traction that is.
I looked at the tread on the Wild Country RVT tires today, and really wasn't
impressed with them. They looked alot like the Goodyear Wrangler ATs I had;
which did have ok traction. How do these tires perform in the snow? Sand?
Dry pavement? Rain? Etc...........

Here is the history of the tire I have had so far along with the mileage I
got out of them:
1.Goodyear Wrangler ATs; decent traction(33,000 miles)
2.Hoosier Radial All Terrains; great traction(43,000 miles)
3.Dunlop Radial Rover RVs; good traction(currently at 52,000 miles)

I have found a local place which quoted me $449 for the BFG KOs, and I also
have a coupon which would lower this price to $426.51(mounted, balanced,
etc). I have just been thinking if spending the extra $50-$70 or so and
getting these BFG KOs would be worth it in the long run. I mean, why spend
$360 for the Wild Country RVTs or $370 for a set of Force 4 tires(similar to
the BFG KO tread), when for $426 I can have possibly one of the best all
terrain tires out there. I just like the fact of the BFGs having the
Tri-Guard, which has 3 sidewall plies instead of the normally used 2 ply
sidewalls in many many many all terrain tire applications. Plus having the
upper sidewall tread is an added bonus too. So any info or input on these
tires would be greatly appreciative.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6