Re: Looking for a general reference. Or a few brain dumps.

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 16:51:01 EDT

Given your altitude, I think one of your best bets for more oomph is a
supercharger. I know you said you didn't really want to mess with one, but
consider the benefits. You're losing lots of power just by being at
altitude, so you won't need much boost at all to gain lots of power. Less
boost = less stress / more reliability / better driveability. Even at very
little boost, you're getting back all of the factory power and then some.

To whomever asked about lift affecting mpg.... yes, it's true. The more you
can do to keep air from flowing UNDER the truck, the better your MPG will
be. The underside of your truck is very un-aerodynamic. Raising a truck is
almost like increasing the frontal area. A good ground-effects kit should
improve your mpg as much or more than a tonneau cover. Even better,
lowering a truck reduces frontal area and airflow under the vehicle;
however, I don't condone lowering that has any negative effects on handling.
My truck is lowered one inch by virtue of smaller tires, so handling is
actually improved (all stock suspension geometry).

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate