Re: RE: Dodge techs needed!!!!! Help!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 15:30:43 EDT

  Well, I think I found and fixed my problem. It seems that the front 02
sensor connector had been laying on top of the crossover pipe for the
headers. The plastic connector was totally melted through, but as far as I
can tell the pin connectors couldnt have touched the exhaust (the plastic
melted over them). But they were very corroded and open to moisture.Luckily
I have a new 02 sensor that I never installed. Put it in and truck seems
fine now. No misfire, and fuses have stayed in it so far today. Possible
high resistance creating a load??? Of the two exposed wires one was the wire
from the auto shut down circuit. I hope this is it!!!!!!

Brad