RE: Re: RE: Tranny Fluid: Mopar7176 = Dexron III???

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 17:42:42 EDT

Someone tell me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that any Chrysler auto
trannys use Dexron as an ATF fluid except in emergencies. At one time I
believe that even some DC dealers were using something other than 7176 and
they were messing up their own trannys. At that time there was a big
warning out to make certain that your dealer used 7176 fluid and that they
certified that when doing tranny service. This was years back but it sure
stuck in my mind because there were so many failures back then.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile