Re: Re: RE: Tranny Fluid: Mopar7176 = Dexron III???

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 18:55:06 EDT

> Now I'm throughly confused. Why would my owners manual, that came with
the
> truck, recommend Dexron III if it's not good? Then, on the back of the
ATF
> +3 it says DO NOT USE in vehicles requiring Dexron III. I guess my best
bet
> is to go get 7176 from the dealer even though it's higher.

Aaron,
Ya know I dont understand that either. In my manual it also states you can
use Dexron III if the 7171 ATF+3 is not available. I always have used 7176
ATF+3 when doing tranny fluid changes and have always used it when doing
tcase fluid changes. This last time I used Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, which is
Dexron III ATF. My tcase wouldnt shift nor engage into 4WD after this fluid
went in. I drained and flushed it out, and refilled it with 7176 ATF+3 fluid
and it engaged and shifted great. Go figure, just odd how fluid can make
that much of a difference, but trust me it does!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6