Paint

From: Mark A. Vallar (dakota@vallar.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 10:36:09 EDT

Just bought my "new" 97 Dak....traded in my 92 RC 2X4 Sport (minus paint) on
it. Then immediately joined this list. Been in love with this truck since
Dodge released it in 97. Now in the process of gettin it cleaned up to the
standard that this truck deserves. Has a lot of hard water?? stains on it.

Questions for the list.
What is the best thing to clean the paint before waxing it? Unfortunately I
don't have a buffer so I need to do it all by hand. Tried Meguires
cleaner-wax on it but it doesn't take the stains off.
The pics of Ed's 97 SLT look great. He talks of a "clay bar"....never heard
of it? What is a clay bar?

Anyone have any experience with the Mothers 3 step system??

TIA

Mark A. Vallar -- Allentown, PA
'97 CC 4X4 SLT 5.2L Auto 3.55 LSD