Re: Towing ? Please Help

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 15:34:59 EDT

I have a V6 5sp, but with the 3.21 gears unfortunately. I tow a 16'
aluminum boat with adequate performance, but the boat/trailer/gear
probably doesn't weigh more than about 1500 lbs or so. I know for
sure that I wouldn't want to try towing the 3600 lb limit, let alone
5000 lbs, especially if there are any grades to climb. I'd burn the
clutch in short order. My clutch slips crossing the smokies, with
no trailer at all. Of course this wouldn't be an issue for you, just
be sure to get the transmission cooler.

Oh how I wish I had gotten a better gear ratio... and a couple
extra cylinders lol

-Kevin D.