Re: Towing ? Please Help

From: jim miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 16:07:20 EDT

The company I work for has 2 96 Rams with the V6 and auto trans. I don't know
what rear end is in them or if there is an oil cooler (I doubt it) on them but we
frequently pull a car carrier trailer with either a full size 1/2 ton pickup or a
crown vic or caprice on the trailer with no problems. This has got to be over
6,000 lbs. The brakes are the weak link. You can get the load going 70 mph but
it takes a long time to stop it because the trailer does not nave electric brakes.
(It should) We have hauled this load from Houston or Austin or San antonio to
Waco numbers of times. Also these Rams both have over 100k miles on them. the
only repairs either trucks have needed is timing chains.