Re: Re: Lowering the dak

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 22:46:49 EDT

I just thought I would add this.....I have tried installing 2" (didn't look
right without the front being lowered) and 1" lowering blocks (looked awsome)
on my dak. I have had to take them off due to vibration coming through the
tranny. I think my dak is setup a little tighter than normal but from the
research I have done (not much info and hard to find) it appears that dodge
trucks are really prone to an incorrect pinion angle. I have considered
putting the 1" blocks back on with 1 degree shims but would rather have a set
of blocks made that way (still looking). I did notice when I have been under
my truck that the front of the diff. points down slightly and have also
noticed this on other daks. This might not apply to you but it's not worth
messing up the pinion gear just by not taking extra precautions. I don't think
the expense it could lead to is worth it myself. That's just me though and I
am not pointing any fingers at anybody just an opinion.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport