318/360 Swap

From: Chaz Ruppman (chazruppman@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 01:12:18 EDT

I basically have a stock truck except for the following mods:
-Powerdyne 6PSI kit.
-180 stat.
- Computer programmed for 6psi boost from Mike Leach Company. (They are the
folks that generate the HP PCM's for MOPAR)
Talk to Tom if interested (714)-639-5220. $550.00
(Computer mod increases shift points from 4800 to 5200 RPM, Increases rev
limiter to 6000, top speed removed, and better fuel mapping as you require
supercharged or not.)
-Clear Corners
-Xenon Bulbs

Mods on the way:
-F&B Throttle Body
-Mopar Headers
-Hi-Flow Cat
-Cat Back- Not sure which one yet. Considering Bassani Stainless Steel.

Not sure where to go from here.
The SC made a huge difference. I have not had it at a track but I lay a
strip of rubber, bigtime.
I am experiencing some pinging at around 4000+ but I think the computer
needs to be "trained" a bit still.

Looking to basically have SLT/RT I guess.
All the current mods should bolt on to the 360 but I am not familiar with
the older engines.
Thanks for your reply.

Regarding:
Supercharge it. You'll get more power and it'll be much easier on your life.
I'm working a 360 swap now but if I had an 8cyl to begin with I wouldn't
even
consider swapping...especially with 318 Dak's running 11's.

- -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck