Re: Gen III Durango axle to a Gen II Dakota Re: Jon

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 08:45:19 EDT

That 7.25" GM had to be SERIOUSLY modified. (I've blown up too many stock
GM 10-Bolts in my time with a 480HP engine.) The GM 12-Bolt was the choice
for high horsepower street cars (at least it was back in the mid '80's -
early '90's).

GM is also now using the Auburn Gear unit in the '98/'99 Camaro and
TransAm/Firebird vehicles. The '99 SS Camaro (SLP Edition which runs low
13's all day in stock form - 325HP) has the Auburn unit installed from the
factory. These units are very capable of handling more than the factory HP
rating.

$0.02

In my case (S/C - Nitrous'ed '97 V6), i'll be looking at a 9.25" replacement
for the factory 8.25" differential.

- Bernd