Re: Re: Gen III Durango axle to a Gen II Dakota Re: Jon

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 18:14:22 EDT

> In my case (S/C - Nitrous'ed '97 V6), i'll be looking at a 9.25"
replacement
> for the factory 8.25" differential.

Well, does anyone know if the 2000 Durango(4.7L 4WD) has a 9.25" rear axle?
If so, I could do some measurements on my girlfriend's and see how it
compares with the Dakota axle width. Let me know and I will get the
measuring tape out this weekend. I figure I will be under her truck anyway
when putting a hitch on(along with a Bug Deflector, VentVisors, Manik Metal
Tail Light Guards), just let me know. This may be a cheap alternative, if
wrecked Durangos are found already in junk yards. With soccer moms driving
them, I am sure :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6