some cops just appreciate a nice-sounding truck

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 13:18:52 EDT

I can't believe it. I think my chances of getting a ticket have gone down
since i got a nice-sounding exhaust. I got merely a verbal warning last
winter for going 87 in a 55 on an ice-covered highway. Think that's
incredible? Just a few minutes ago I flew down Main St. going 60+ in a 35
zone... the cool part being I kept it under 3k and wasted everyone else from
the light. Well, apparently there was a County watching me the whole time.
Amazingly enough, he watched me slam 2nd gear for a nice powerslide onto the
sidestreet right at the corner where there is a chevy dealer (open body shop
doors echo my engine routinely), then gurgling down till i make the turn
into the parking lot behind where i work. I didn't see him until he pulls up
coming the other direction around the building. I talked to him as i was
walking toward the building and after letting me know how fast i should have
been going, he began to ask about my truck! So, i didn't really even get a
verbal warning... he let it go at the standard cop tone that says "i wish i
wasn't a cop and could just b.s. for a while, but i'm gonna go now." I feel
for the guys that have to watch emissions--what that cop was hearing was my
dump right after the cat (no muffler).

Stunned,

Sean Bruckman