Re: some cops just appreciate a nice-sounding truck

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 15:24:23 EDT

No. If you have one of those "stock" mufflers with rust holes and other
assorted holes in them, the sniffer (back in the early 90's) couldn't get an
accurate reading...yes, it ran cleaner because is was also sucking in air from
the outside. I'm sure they have a better way now to collect the emissions
readings. (At least I hope they do.)

- Bernd