Re: Intake upgrades - NY emissions

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 22:03:23 EDT

When I had mine inspected in July I asked about the difference between the
emissions inspection and the safety inspection. The safety is for cars 2 years and
newer and older cars. I can't remember the age. Emissions is for everything else.
When mine was inspected they didn't pop the hood. I asked about the open element
filter and he said that they just need to do a visual for the cat and other parts
being in place. They don't care about the intake as long as everything is in
place. That's what I like about going to a local place. They know the work I do on
my truck and they get what I can't.

Doug Fedeli