Another post about something cool i'd like to share that will get flamed.

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 15:05:56 EDT

This is another post about something cool i'd like to share that will get
flamed.

I was driving back from Indy the other day and was taking the looong
two-lane ramp that connects westbound I-465 to north I-65. There was a slow
car in front of me that would not get into the right lane even when it was
wide open. When it was wide open for the second time, i was still waiting
for the impossible when an older mercedes sedan (big boat thing, looked like
an antique but NICE) zipped around me and the other car on the right, and i
naturally follow suit. Well... i had just safely made my way around the slow
car and was in the left lane when i looked over and saw the mercedes had
gotten into the right lane. He was a few car lengths ahead and i saw this
big puff of exhaust from his single-exit. Suddenly the merc was racing down
the straight-away of this lazy ramp (easily 5 miles with a long 2-lane
flat/straight section). I didn't know what to do... i didn't even think of
actually racing him because i was in awe of a classic car getting on it so
hard. I merely kept up... all the way to 115... then the ramp came and he
didn't slow down! he was probably still going 95 when he merged with I-65
and took the first exit. I took most of the ramp at 90--but only because i
saw his skinny tires holding that speed so well--i didn't know my truck
could take high-speed corners like that. I thought that was cool though, i
hope some of the non-psychos appreciate it--definitely a nice car.

Sean Bruckman

4.7 RC 4x2 Hotchkis, Flowmaster, K&N