Re: Gen II heater core leakage

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 19:58:18 EDT

The first one my friend at BP Pro care replaced for me although I had bought
the part from the dealer (couldn't find any aftermarket ones). The second one
I installed myself and also bought the core from the dealership. So far it
looks like it is a problem with the 95's. My dad is a metallurgist and is
going to put the broken one under the electron microscope and see what the
cause was. If he comes up with a design/manufacture flaw I can petition
Chrysler to pay me back. He did this once with a crossframe member that had
cracked on his 84 horizon and they reimbursed him for the entire repair and
towing/rental car expenses after the fact. It's amazing what they'll do when
bombarded with high res pictures of microscopic metal fatigue from a Phd in
materials science working for a company in the aerospace/defense industry.

JOHN