Re: stereo help NO infinity subs

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:43:12 EDT

Hi, just me again, but somehow. stero posts have seemed to entertain me
more than the engine stuff now-a-days...

I believe the total mounting depth the MTX t-forms offer is 4 and 3/8" I've
tried numerous subs in the t-form and here I found what works and what does:

works:
IDQ 10" sub (WHOLE heartedly recommend) had a pair in my t-form
the MTX t-5000, thunder legends (basically another t-5000) and t-6000s
believe the JL W0 and W1s will fit
the RF punches and XLCs

will not work
10" kicker solobaric
10" cerwin vega "Vega" series (stealth might fit)
10" infinity perfect (this sub has about 6" of needed depth!)
10" t-7000 and 8000
10" RF punch powers and power DVC

Basically, you can only get the "regular" subs for this box. anything like
a high SPL sub will have too big of a magnet and won't fit. Sorry for
bursting your bubble. 70 bucks for that t-form from another DMLer is a
hell of a deal. I paid 300 for mine shipped loaded when it just came out
-Dester

PS. here's my opinion on the infinity kappa perfect 12. If you want one.
there's a nice kappa perfect 12 still sitting in my garage. blew the 2nd
week my uncle had it. an RF power DVC is actually holding up to his abuse.
the kappa's wire from the bananna plug to the VC broke because it didn't
have a piece of wax/plastic that melted the wire to the post, so it kept
flexing and the wire eventually broke. sub lost/gained power and it just
blew. now THAT'S quality control...

<<

If you really want it to pound.. I would recommend going with a pair of
Infinity's.
The 10" Infinity Perfects can take 1400W and can hit down to 18Hz. And if
you want to hit even lower.. check into a pair of Cerwin Vega Strokers..
In
the Aqua Subs by Hydrasonics.. They'll get down to 8 Hz.