RE: Tie-Downs

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 19:04:22 EDT

A better alternative if you like the sound of Preacher's idea might be a
"quick link." You can find these at Home Despot or wherever you buy
hardware... they're an oval link with a threaded collar to open and close
the loop. They usually come with some kind of load rating.

The problem I've had with the front Dak tie-downs is that they usually end
up UNDER whatever the heck I want to tie down. And since we don't have stake
holes, we're kinda SOL unless we want to pierce our truck a la Bernd's
solution.

- Alex