Re:DML:some cops just..

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 21:06:53 EDT

> Yep, it was glare ice. I don't recall anyone else on this
> list being there(or apparently anyone reading my ACTUAL F'ING POST), but i
> guess if you twist my words i am a moron and i apologize.

Oh swell.. Doing that on black ice.. Cleaned up enough pileups on Rt80 due
to that stuff..and was nearly paralyzed due to some fool who thought he was
the greatest driver around. Plowed into the back of a parked ambulance at a
pileup. Wound up on his hood since I WAS standing in the patient compartment
just finished hanging an IV, and the back doors were open still(a couple of
minutes sooner there would have been 5 people standing at the rear of the
bus loading the patient in). One of the State Police units caught the whole
thing on his video unit. The dude slid for almost a 1/4mi before hitting the
ambulance. BTW radar had him clocked doing 65, and yes there where flares
out 1/2mi from the scene. I got lucky.. Walked away with a couple of broken
ribs and a ruptured disk in the lumbar spine. For those interested the dude
that hit us now drives a wheelchair(instead of a Grand Nat), and is a
permanent resident of a nursing home. You may think you're a good driver.
Think twice it might save someone else's life.

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886