'97 3.9L V6 Tune up

From: Bfgillan@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 20:30:07 EDT

I'm new to the list. I recently purchased a '97 SLT CC w/ 3.9L V6.. I'm
pretty happy with it so far. It runs good... maybe a little rough at idle. I
suspect all of the ignition components are original, except for plugs. I want
to tune it up and took a quick scan through the archives looking for
recommendations on parts. From what I was able to glean from the archives,
Autolite 3923 (gaped to 0.045) are well liked and Borg Warner Distributor cap
and rotor, is this correct? Also, I think the plug wires are also original...
any recommendations on these? I'm not looking for real high-end here, mainly
interested in smoother running, better milage, and maybe a little more HP.
Finally, would doing one of the air-flow mods improve milage, HP, or both?

Thanks,

Brian Gillan