RE: '97 3.9L V6 Tune up

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 21:04:12 EDT

Welcome to the list Brian. (Another fellow V6'er) :)

>From what has worked on my '907 V6 (and both you and I have the same
model/year) the Borg Warner Cap and Rotor, Autolite Plugs (3923: .040" -
.045" gap), and a open element intake tube make some pretty good power
(nothing major though). Check out Tony's products at:
http://www.quickd.com for the Intake tube and modified Throttle Body. On
the wires, I've tried MSD, Taylor, and Splitfire and they all worked well.
(Personal favorite are the Splitfires but the Taylor wires work pretty good
as well.)

As for any noticeable modifications, add a MSD6 and a Jet-II Chip (with 180
degree thermostat) in conjunction with the above mods, and you've got
yourself a pretty quick little V6. (Much better than factory...that for
sure.) The JBA headers are a plus as well but may not be in your price
range on what you want to build. (Maybe they are...)

Hope that gives you some idea on where/what to start.

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net