MSD Problems - need help fast

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 02:10:22 EDT

Ok, I hooked everything up like the diagram shows. This is a MSD 6
(something, the off road version, black one). I have the power wire straight
to the battery and the negative to a very good ground, I even checked it with
an ohm meter, and there was no resistance to be found. I jumped in, smiling
ear to ear, ready to hear her rumble. Turn the key, and it spun over like
normal, but.....no spark what so ever. Damn, doulbe check, try again. Damn,
triple check, quadruple check, my wife checks (like it really helped hehehe),
my Dad checked and my neighbor checked it also. it is hooked up properly.
The only thing that doesn't agree with the diagram is the 12 volt switched.
When I turn on the key, it says there should be 12 volts in the green/other
color wire. There is none, until I turn the key. Then I get 12 volts. Any
ideas? Bernd? help? someone....... please..........

Will