Re: Is this true??(Not long at all)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 21:49:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/00 9:38:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DAK4JLB@aol.com
writes:

> I was at my local exhaust shop talking with the owner, he and I are friends
> now since he installed my headers and exhaust for such a good price,
anyway,

> he told that I could make up for some of my lost torque (that I lost from
my

> headers, gutted cat, and exhaust) by putting the 180 T-stat back up to
stock

> because he said that you want your engine to run hot b/c it produces more
> power with more heat as long as you keep the coldest air possible flowing
in

> you will produce more power, I got to thinking about that and it makes
sense

> because more heat is more energy and more energy is power. Before I go any
> further though, I would like some more insights from all of my family on
the

> DML, you guys have always come through for me before. Thanks in advance.
>
> Zeus

Interesting....technically it may restore torque because more heat will mean
higher temperature exhaust, which means it's velocity would be higher at low
rpms than at a lower temperature. However, more heat also means more wear,
more tear, more breakdown of oil, etc.....I'd much rather keep the 180 stat.

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>