Re: rant: why Crower sucks

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 01:14:27 EDT

>>Why can't you use the 1.6 Crowers?<<

it's kinda' hard to explain, but here goes:
The Crower's are self aligning. They do this via a small washer on each
side of the roller tip. Well, these washers are a little too big in
diameter. So, the washers lay on the valve spring retainers and the tip
of the rocker doesn't actually touch the end of the valvestem. FWIW I'm
using MP springs and retainers. The springs are taller than stock, and
the retainers are thicker than stock, so I have less room to work with =(
I called Hughes and made an order so all SHOULD be well and good
soon(knockin' on wood).

Hey Austin, you have this prob. on your Rocker/Valve Spring combo??

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.