Re: RE: Dakota ping/clatter problem

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 11:50:38 EDT

Depending on how much it was/is leaking, you may (or may not) see any loss on
the oil. It would be running much worse though since it would be pinging
pretty bad.

To make it very easy...just remove the Airhat, open the throttle blades wide
open (engine off of course), and grab yourself a flashlight and check to see if
there's any oil film on the bottom of the intake manifold (looking down the
throttle body bores). If there is...blown belly pan gasket.

The "Belly Pan" is the steel plate on the underside of the Aluminum manifold.
You can't see it from the outside though.

- Bernd