Re: RE: Dakota ping/clatter problems

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 13:15:12 EDT

well the clatter I was tlaking about and the ping is the same in itself, I
just wouldnt know how to describe it... seriously... I just put a new wide
open cat on it... and its got a 3 inch flowmaster I must admit its DAMN
loud... but thats the desired effect =) THe ping noise appears to come from
no where and everywhere at the same time. and it kinda goes in and out... It
may make the noise off idle, but I cant really hear ANYTHING except exaust
at acceleration, soo... I really dont know... I suspect its the "belly pan
gasket" I havent had a chance to get in there and check for oil... but...I
have noticed a drop in performance... so we'll see... Its not under warranty
=(

Wes Weems