Re: RE: Dakota ping/clatter problems

From: David A (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 15:11:29 EDT

I cant hear mine pinging at idle or revving in the driveway.I have been
using 89 or 90 octane fuel.When i accellerate,i can hear it only
slightly...i have also been told that a little ping isn't bad.

Also,if i get on the throttle from the light,it doesnt do it,just on
easy/light accelleration.

Any ideas/thoughts on this???

Another question concerning the "Home-Brew" method...
My dad says,"if you have problems with your engine,and they see the
modification,ill have dealer problems."...in fact,my dad says i should
"leave it as it is"