Re: Dakota ping/clatter problems

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 16:26:07 EDT

Might be the MAP sensor. Some people on the list found salvation from
pinging in a new MAP sensor. Also, DC has a few computer flashes, but
they retard your timing and that would suck....

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:44:32 -0700 "Wes Weems" <wweems@fix.net> writes:
> <sigh>
> Ok, I am new to this list, I have tried nearly everything I've seen
> to fix
> this problem. Dodge dealer says "...every dakota hes seen had that
> problem..." and "... if it breaks within 1000 miles hell fix it for
> free.."
> which is good, but I am pretty faithfulll in the truck, I just am
> embarassed, that at idle, one would think I have a cummings deisel
> in it.
> Here is a list of things I've tried, I realize some dont have
> anythign to do
> witht he prob... just to let you know...
>
> dodge dealer - no help
> higher octane fuel - (at one point tried 108 racing fuel, still was
> pinging)
> colder firing plugs - (no difference)
> re-reouting wires - (no difference at all)
>
> Its a beautifull truck, but the simple fact of the matter is, its
> DAMN
> embarassing to drive through a drive through, or stop next to somone
> at the
> stop light... This used to be a after warming up only problem,
> however now I
> cant start the car, and within 1 minute its pinging away.
>
> The truck is a '97 dakota sport 4x4. I just need ideas, or
> directions to go
> in... I know theres got to be SOMETHING I can do =)
>

> Danke,
> Wes

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.