Re: WTF (long)

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 02:39:10 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2000 10:05:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
therrin@isaac.net writes:

> That doesn't make sense. The light could turn yellow when you're just
> a few feet from the white line, where it would be impossible to stop
> in time. In North Carolina, it's illegal to enter the intersection
> when the light is red. Entering when yellow is fine, just as long as
> you're past the white line before the light turns red.

I agree with Terry. I've seen few states that don't allow people to enter the
intersection on a yellow light. In those areas; they may as well just take
out the yellow and have only green & red. Yellow lights are there so people
know to decide whether they have time to continue through OR to stop before
the light goes red. Otherwise.. are people all expected to lock up thier
brakes when they see the light go yellow.. Or be ready to stop at a green
light so if it goes yellow.. there's time to stop and wait for the red light.

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota Sport (soon to join ranks)