Re: Re: RE: Fuel Injector Update

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 10:49:55 EDT

At 11:40 PM 9/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The #19 a pretty much for a V6 stock application, or used with slight mods.
>To use #24 I think you really only them if you re running NOS or
>Supercharger, or a V8. Right, Wrong, Anyone? Kyle

Stock injectors for the 3.9L/5.2L are 19#s, and they are good for about
300-350 hp at the crank. The computer is calibrated to run the 19#s.

If you use larger injectors, the computer has no way of knowing this
and, in closed loop via the O2 sensor, the computer will adjust pulse width
to reach stoich using the calibrations for 19#s. My thought is that these
rich-lean corrections are initially fairly broad with the larger sized
injectors while the computer is learning, and hence the perception of
increased
performance. About 150-250 miles and/or about 10 drive cycles after
installation,
the computer adjusts to the new injectors and the pulse width swings
flatten out
(can be seen if you have a scanner is attached).

Bob