Re: Re: Re: Need off-road LOCKER recommendation

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 10:46:10 EDT

yes, I've been to Tellico the past two Novembers now, and it is friggin
awesome like you said! Its an annual November trip for CNC4x4 (info on web
at: cnc.4x4.org), this year's trip is Nov 3-5, trail riding is sat the 4th.
This is the first time I'll be taking my Dak up there though, previously I've
only ridden on other people's rigs before I got my Dak lifted and armored, a
LOT of damage occurs on those trails if you're not prepared! BTW, I still
need a passenger/spotter if ya wanna go, just let me know!
Definitely let me know if you got someone that does ring & pinion swaps, I
can't find anything more local than Charlotte...reason I am leaning to 3.90s
is because I put a lot of highway miles on, thought 3.90s might offer a bit
better mileage than 4.10s...? My truck is not bad with 3.55s, just a little
underpowered...

Dave

ps let me know about the fan install if you have time
Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...