RE: RE: the thought of cold mornings....

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 14:01:30 EDT

Shawn,

That doesn't sound like the t-stat is working correctly...like maybe stuck
part way open when cold. It shouldn't matter whether you get a 160, 180 or
195. The t-stat should remain closed until the water in the block reaches
the expected operating temperature. Then, the t-stat opens and starts
circulating water. You may see a slight drop as the t-stat opens up but
should come back to temperature quickly as it heats up all of the water.
The only difference in your temp gauge is the needle doesn't come up as far
with the colder t-stats but the needle should get to a certain point and
stay there except maybe during extremely hot weather and stop-and-go
driving. I still have the 195 in mine and very rarely have I seen it
fluctuate.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile