Re: Leak on Passenger Side

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 01:03:53 EDT

James, this sounds like your a/c drain line is plugged up. Check on the
firewall, passenger side towards the center of the truck. You should see a
drain line, on my '87 it looked like a rubber finger that stuck out about
two inches and done a 90 degree bend with about a 4-5 inch long rubber tube
hanging down. A hose clamp secures it to a pipe, you should be able to take
it off and if this is the problem there may be about one quart of water come
out as soon as you take it off...moths and other insects crawl up inside the
tube, use a wire or something to clean it out and put it back on. On my '87
w/V-6 it was about a 15 min. job.
Cal