Re: RE: RE: RE: DML suggestions for Air Intakes and Exhausts...2K 4.7L MOPAR PCM

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 13:19:39 EDT

Hi, Matt

At 04:08 AM 9/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Yea, you're right Ron, but I'm impatient, I need a 14.2/14.3 soon :) , I
>guess if I want to go back to the stock setting I'll have to pay them again.
>If I wait for Mopar, It might be next year at this rate! oh well, its only
>money, right?? ;) Matt

I know that there's a parallel thread on drag radials going on at the same
time so I thought that this suggestion on getting to your goal might fit in
here.

When I went from 28" drag radials to 26" drag radials, I dropped about 2/10s
off. Not only would they give you an effective gear ratio of about 4.20:1
with
your 3.92 but the 26"ers are a lot lighter than than the 28"ers (less unsprung
weight).

I'm not sure if your mods included traction bars or not. If not, at my last
trip to the track, I took off 3/10s by putting on some homebrew spring clamps
on my third run. Now I also took off 55 lbs of weight at the same time on
that
and subsequent runs. Even if I generously allowed 1/10 for the reduced
weight,
that would mean that the other 2/10s was most likely from the clamps. I'll
see for sure in the next few weeks as there are a couple of mopar drag racing
events being held in Ont.

Bob