Re: RE: Re: RE: MSD install help (kinda long)...(Ron)

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 03:53:55 EDT

Ron-

> This is what you said:
>
> <<snip>>
> The big black wire (MSD to Battery positive) was hotter
> than
> > HELL.
> >
> > Disconnected the big red (MSD to Battery Negative) wire from the hot
post
> in
> > the fusebox,
> <<snip>>

I also said that the truck started, idled smoothly and sounded great.

> The MSD black wire should go to battery negative.
>
> The MSD red wire should go to battery positive.
>
> Just exactly like your battery cables, red to positive and black to
> negative.

All true.

> Did you wire your battery backwards too?

Not likely, given that the main symptom is a wire that gets very hot, very
quickly. On a running truck. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. Mostly, I
am tired and (probably as a result) not especially good at proofreading my
own typing. I must have wired my hands on backwards.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed
Mesa Headers & Cat