Re: Posi question: HELP!!

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 17:47:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2000 4:43:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
hemimopar426@hotmail.com writes:

> I have a question concerning posi diff's,a nd 4wd Daks. I have a 96 4x4,
> and it has the one-tire-fryer rear. The front is also as handicapped. I
> have wanted to install a posi in the rear for ages now. I have heard tho,
> that if I put a posi in the rear, and not one up front also, that when i
> shift into 4, I'll tear out the front axle, and other components will
> break.

Not having a locking unit in the front differential will not hurt anything.
I think what you may have read was someone wanting to change gear sets in one
end.. and even that will only do damage when you engage the 4wd in any
terrain that the truck may get some traction in.
Have no fears with addign just one locker though.
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota Sport (soon to join ranks)