Re: Posi question: HELP!!

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 19:37:38 EDT

No worries, Dodge ships Dakotas from the factory with a limited slip
in the rear and open front axle. Several people on the list have
added various lockers to the rear axle only without any problems.

Just don't change the axle ratio unless you're going to keep both
axles the same. Also don't use 4wd on pavement, but the sticker on
the sun visor already told you that :-).

--- Jeremiah Siembida <hemimopar426@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I have a question concerning posi diff's,a nd 4wd Daks. I have a
> 96 4x4,
> and it has the one-tire-fryer rear. The front is also as
> handicapped. I
> have wanted to install a posi in the rear for ages now. I have
> heard tho,
> that if I put a posi in the rear, and not one up front also, that
> when i
> shift into 4, I'll tear out the front axle, and other components
> will break.
> I think this is BULLSCHIZNIT, but I don't want to find out the
> hard way.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.