Re: Alternator / Starter wearout rates..

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:47:53 EDT

> hey yall..
> can anyone give some idea of when starters and alternators go out on the
> dakota..i got 75 K on mine and still goin strong..but worried now that
it's
> outta warranty
> thanks..

Paul,
Mine are still fine now at 130,000 miles. I am hopefully going to swap out
the stock 75 amp alternator this fall with a 120amp unit. All my accessories
are drawing more than the alternator can handle, but it has kept up pretty
good. From what I have heard, the stock Nippondenso starters typically are
trouble free for about 175,000+ miles. No worry there.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6