RE: Re: Re: timing cover removal

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@GD-WTS.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 19:33:58 EDT

You ain't a kiddin', that gasket is a real nightmare. I can atest to that
with firsthand experience. Glad to hear you got it off ok. Will have to
remember Bernd's technique next time the cover comes off.

He-he-he, the boys at the dealership talked to me like I was stupid when I
ask how to remove the pan. "Do this, do that, did you try this... If you
can't get it off, bring it in, we'll get it out for you." Well needless to
say, after I replaced it, found out the rear seal was leaking. Took that in
under warranty. They had to pull the pan to replace the seal. Ask them how
they dropped the oil pan. "Well, we couldn't get the pan off, we replaced
the gasket with the pan in place." DOH!!! (Glad to hear it guys.)
Rich - Ashburn, VA