Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternator / Starter wearout rates..

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:46:31 EDT

Only prob with the alt is one of the small 7mm studs broke off... I don't
want to buy a new one (even though I get them at cost from the Carquest..)
I can swap an alternator in about 7 minutes flat, if that long. 2 9/16"
mounting bolts, and the bottom bolt has a 9/16" nut on the back. Then you
have 2 10mm bolts for the ground wires, and another 9/16" ground which
shares a mount for the A/C lines. Then you have the tiiiiiiiny 7mm nuts on
the back of the alt.

I think that's all of it, just thinkin off the top of my head... it's all
straight forward. =)
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net