RE: Bad Battery Cell or Something Else?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 20:07:52 EDT

Change out the battery.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 6:57 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Bad Battery Cell or Something Else?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I leave work, jump in truck and PHFFFFFFT!
Nutin!
 Get a jump and the light brightens up (under hood light), it starts
momentarily but dies right afterwards. After that it wouldn't even take a
jump
(cables were smokin' real good though!)... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Because it won't take a jump I'm thinking bad cell but that's as far as my
simple mind will go... What do you guru's think? Should I just through a
battery at it or is there something else I should be checking?? Oh yeah, my
bat. cables are big time corroded with whatever that stuff is that oxidizes
on
the terminals... Does that mean anything?
Tom
'98 Sport, V8, 4x4 CC

P.S. Please help soon as I gotta' drive a Terd Exploder (w/Firestone tires
no
less!) until I get my rig up and running again. Thanks!