RE: Re: Bad Battery Cell or Something Else?

From: Greig, Doug (douggr@hazelett.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 09:39:23 EDT

If you want an optima, but don't want to wait, just go buy one of the new
Exide and Campion Spiral Cell batteries. These are both made by Optima. The
company that owns champion and exide bought optima, but can't make the
batteries here in the US.....yet, so for now they are still made overseas
and shipped here. I just priced them, and they are both about $20-$30
cheaper than an optima. If you want to know how I know all of this, the
company I work for is building the machine that is going to cast the lead
into strips that will go into the batteries.

 -Doug in Vermont