RE: Re: How Rude!!!

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 10:15:39 EDT

I totally agree with your statement "...They have to piss-wind their engines
to get up the power while all we have to do is stomp on it from a dead
stop.."

I have read on E-bay last weekend a quote saying .."Viper Eater". I
proceeded with a point and click. To my astonishment, it was a Nippon Honda
Accord VTEC. He claimed that his turbo engine produces a huge 563HP but he
failed to mention any torque. Bahhahahahaha. But at least he said, he
boosted to 23LB.

What he failed to mention in the cyber ad, is how many runs can it make with
that type of boost, before you say
"KABOOOM". Viper beater? Try and stomp on it and see the Viper is already
at the 1/8 mile mark before the claimed turbo Honda could pick any wind.
Not on your life.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA