NV 242 transfer case

From: Michael R. Nevarez (michaeln@denovolit.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 13:20:55 EDT

I currently own a Jeep Cherokee, but have been thinking about buying a new
Dakota Quad Cab. I had hoped to buy one with the Full-Time 4wd Shifter (NV
242 transfer case) that was available on the 2000 Dakotas, only to be told
by salesmen that the new Dakotas don't come with that option. Can anyone
tell me if the Dakotas come with an equivalent transfer case? I'm looking
for something that locks the differential in the transfer case as did the NV
242. My understanding was that the NV 242 was the equivalent of the Jeep
Select-Trac full-time 4wd system, which I have been very happy with.