Re: Re: Bad Battery Cell or Something Else?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 17:32:34 EDT

> Hey thanks for all the responses guys! I'll be out shopping for that
Champion
> 4x4 4 post battery. I really wanted an Optima battery but I would have
had to
> order it and I can't stand the thought of riding around in the exploder
for a
> week or so! ;-)
>
> Kyle, to answer your questions, this is the stock battery that's fried and
I've
> got around 33K miles on it. It doesn't look like the corrosion spread
down the
> wires --it's all caked up real high on the posts only.

Tom,
I think you will be extremely happy with the Champion 4x4 4 post battery. I
originally told you it had 1000CA, when actually is has 1050CA and 900CCA,
very stout numbers for a $45 battery. If you have Sam's Warehouse Club in y
our area, they stock them for this price. I use the normal top posts for my
positive/negative setup......just like the factory. I bought 2 solid brass
threaded inserts through Crutchfield, for $25ish. Just go to Crutchfield's
website and look under car accessories. They are actually called
"StreetWires Side-Mount Battery Adapter Post". These thread down into the
optional side posts and have a threaded brass rod which I use for all my
accessories. Just use ring terminals for the accessory wires and some brass
nuts/washers. It performs great. I have pics of the battery available at:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html
or more specifically at:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/4_Post_Champion_.jpg
Good Luck, hope the battery thing works out good.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6